The Friends Group of the Brewster Public Library is a not-for-profit 501C 3 organization composed of volunteers who are engaged in a wide variety of services and programs in support of the Brewster Public Library.
The Friends’ mission is to:
- Increase public awareness of and expand the use of the Brewster Public Library.
- Initiate, organize, promote, and encourage cultural and educational activities.
- Stimulate gifts, endowments and grants for the Brewster Public Library, as well as raise funds to support certain library activities.
Christine Newton, President
Joan Bradley, Vice President
Bess Ercoli, Secretary
Carol Myers, Treasurer
- Who are the Friends?
The Friends of the Brewster Public Library are members of the community who enjoy, support and advocate for the library.
- What do they do?
The mission is simple: to help the Library prosper and grow. The Friends raise funds through membership dues, semi-annual Book Sales, raffles and other fundraiser events. All proceeds go to the Brewster Public Library, and here are some recent examples:Purchased new chairs for the adult reading room.
- Provided funds for the children’s summer reading program.
- Purchased a Color Nook and Kindle Fire to circulate to library patrons.
- Sponsor Museum Pass Program
- When are the meetings?
The Friends meet quarterly at the library – check the calendar for time and date. All meetings are open to both Friends and the public at large.
- Who can join?
Any who supports the mission of the Friends of the Brewster Library may join. If you use and advocate for the library, then you are already a friend. Join now to make it official.
- How can I join?
Stop by the library’s circulation desk to request a membership form, or download a membership application here, fill it out, and return it to the library.
- How can I get more information on the Friends?
Attend a meeting, which is open to the public and held monthly at the Library. Feel free to contact the Friends directly, leave your name and phone number at the library’s circulation desk, call the library, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A Friend will contact you to provide more information and answer any questions that you may have.